A: Drowning in this move!
We closed on the house last Tuesday, 8 days ago, and in that short amount of time I seem to have misplaced my life. Luckily, I have a super considerate supervisor and she allowed me to have 2 days off last week to work on house stuff. So, Tuesday and Wednesday I worked much harder than I would have if I had spent the day in the office. Tuesday I painted the kitchen, clean the dishwasher, refrigerator, oven and all of the kitchen cabinets (which I plan to paint soon). On Wednesday, our mothers came to the rescue! Instead of being there by myself for 12 hours I was blessed with the company of Keil's mom and mine. We worked nonstop and actually got a big chunk of stuff accomplished: painted the living room, stairways and hallway upstairs, primed our master bedroom (because Keil wanted to paint it red) and did a ton of cleaning. That evening, Keil and our dad's moved furniture in...that is where it got a little crazy!In the beginning of this whole house buying process, we decided that we would work on the house and get the majority of the stuff accomplished before moving in a single thing! The original timeline went something like this: closing date, April 30, cleaning and painting until all rooms are ready for move-in (tentatively May 15) and THEN move-in, unpack and live happily ever after! Well, at least it was a good plan! Here is the way it has actually gone: closing date April 27, painting of 2 rooms and living room/dining room furniture moved in along with millions of boxes on April 28...continuous work and moving and unpacking to date! Me losing my mind April 30...I know we will make it but sometimes the craziness is more than I can handle. I just want to know where all of my stuff is and that it is accessible at all times. Is that too much to ask?
We actually spent our first night there on Friday (April 30)...on our mattress in the living room floor. Being a split level house, the stairway going down to our bedroom is not tall enough for our box spring to fit so we've had to special order a queen size, double box spring. They estimate delivery early next week. So for now, our mattress in on the floor in our bedroom (I could only take the mattress being in the living room for 2 days).
The puppies are adjusting well. Toby and Jenna were a little skeptical of the stairs for a day or so, they would just stand there and look at us like we were crazy! Levi never had that problem...he's been full blast since day 1. He even made a new friend, we call him Charlee. He's the cutest little dog and has been camped out on our deck since Saturday...maybe we'll keep him because he and Levi are like 2 peas in a pod!
Little by little it is starting to look like a home and I couldn't be more glad! We took the cover off of the pool on Sunday and have been cleaning leaves and whirly birds out of it ever since. Maybe we'll actually get to open it soon...that'll definitely help my sadness about the chaos! Last night I hung curtains in our bedroom and living room but I refuse to hang them elsewhere until those rooms are painted (only 4 more rooms to go!)
Tonight's task: Paint Master Bath and hopefully I can coax Keil into helping so it will not take as long!
Anyway...here is the new casa (well, the outside anway) More pics to come, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment