When my nephew, Davin, was born I was a bit of a chicken and didn't watch the birth, I waited in the waiting room down the hall once the pushing part started. But for some reason yesterday I was completely intrigued and wanted to watch the whole thing. Start to finish, I was there (and my eyes were open the whole time). My mom laughs because when the doctor and nurses would tell Shynika to push, I would push too! I guess I thought I was helping! Her delivery was grueling, Aryanna was "sunny side up" meaning her face was up instead of down and it made her entry into our lives a little more difficult. She also had some issues earlier in the morning, she had a bowel movement inside the uterus, which can be pretty serious. But, the nurses were prepared and as soon as she was out they were suctioning her lungs and airways to remove all of the meconium. They were very successful and she didn't even have to spend anytime in the NICU.She is absolutely perfect and we couldn't be more excited that she is finally here! Mom and baby are both doing great and are expected to get to go home on Wednesday. Big Brother, Davin, just wants to give her kisses!

yay!!!! I'm excited that she's here and I know that you are so happy :) Oh, and I'm super glad that she got to wear her cute hat!!!
ReplyDelete