Saturday, September 11, 2010

MIA

Gosh, I cannot believe it has been two weeks since I've blogged! It's sad for me to admit that if it doesn't involve work or wedding planning, I'm not interested!  Fall is basically the busiest time of year for my job because kiddos are gong back to school and we are working to reorganize Girl Scout troops and start new ones (in 9 counties, might I add).  I've actually been having a lot of fun with work lately, I started working with a girls group home for at-risk youth.  Most of the girls are there court ordered but honestly, they are my best group of middle/high school girls.  It has been a very rewarding experience!  In addition to that project, I am also working on the Jr Miss Committee in Webster County.  Granted, I did not participate in Jr Miss because the county I graduated high school from did not have one.  It is actually a very cool program for high school seniors and they have the potential to earn a ton of scholarship money.  I decided to join the committee though, because America's Jr Miss Program actually has a partnership with GSUSA (girl scouts) on a program called Be Your Best Self.  It's a self esteem program that teaches these girls about becoming strong, community minded, healthy women.  Tomorrow is the actually program but the girls have been practicing for weeks, they compete in fitness, talent, interview skills and self expression.  I'm so excited to see their final performance!
Well, that was a little about work, now for some wedding :)  I had a fabulous shower about a month ago (see, I told you I was neglecting my blog) and I thought it'd be nice to share some pics with you all.  One of my best friends and bridesmaids, Kali threw me such a wonderful shower at a local B&B.  It was such a beautiful day and it was a great reminder of just how blessed Keil and I are.  We got some great goodies as you can see below. 
I had some great helpers when it came to opening my gifts, Miss Kaydence (one of our flower girls) and Miss Ryleigh.  They only helped break one bow!

This is the cutest market tote (and believe it or not, Keil picked it out.  Well, I wanted one and he picked the color/design)  My Nina and friend/bridesmaid, Tiffany got this for us!  I, of course, had to have it personalized!  I cannot wait to carry it around the local farmers market.

And, how cute is this apron?!  This was a gift from one of my  high school friends, Holly.  I LOVE IT!

I know I shouldn't have favorites but if I could, this would be it!  The gift from our second set of parents and preacher (and his wife).  They have two daughters who both have one of these.  Their daughter, Kristen (one of my besties) got hers last year for Christmas and I fell in love with.  I decided that once we got married, we would definitely be getting one.  Ronnie and Kelley (our preacher & wife) always joke and say that Keil and I are their children but this gift really made us feel like a part of their family.  It actually brought tears to my eyes when I opened it.  And, I know we aren't really supposed to use wedding gifts until we're married but it's on display, I just couldn't help myself.
And, this is a picture of my FMIL, myself and my FSIL.


21 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. I am stealing your market tote. LOL... Or at least finding a way to get my own!

    ReplyDelete