Tuesday, August 17, 2010

46 Days To Go...

Wow, time sure has been flying by!  I cannot believe that we will be married in just over a month, isn't that crazy?!  We've gotten so much done in the last few weeks, now all that's left is the details.  My mom and I actually took a full day, and when I say full, I mean full, and hit the pavement. We visited the state park where the ceremony and reception will be to talk logistics with the event coordinator there.  She is great, by the way.  We got so much done that day, submitted my final seating chart and table placement, ordered food for our reception, and just soaked it all in.  I must admit, I got a little teary eyed standing in the place where we will say our vows!  It's all becoming so real!  After leaving there, we traveled to Evansville and picked out our programs and most of the decorations for the ceremony, the ribbon for our cake and the stuff for our favors (yummy mints, in case you were wondering).  Then, we did a little pleasure shopping (which is a MUST if you  know my mother and I)
Oh, and a little piece of exciting news:  my dress doesn't have to be altered, well, except for the bustle!  You saw my super cute shoes on my last post but last week, I tried on the dress and shoes together and the heel in the shoe brings the dress about 1/4" off the ground...PERFECTION!  I couldn't have planned it better!
I've started having nightmares about things that go wrong on our wedding day, it's driving me crazy!  That is actually why I tried my dress and shoes on.  I had a dream that I had my dress on and was getting ready for the ceremony, I put my shoes on and it made my dress tea length!  I know, I'm crazy!
Then, I had a real life crisis!  I took our invitations to the post office on Saturday morning (yes, I know I'm pushing it) to be mailed and the postmaster said that they wouldn't go through the machine because of the ribbon on them.  It would cost me an extra $.20 per invitation...I was sold!  No problem, right?  WRONG!  She didn't have a $.20 stamp, she had $.02 cent stamps that she really wanted my to buy.  She must have been crazy!  I would have needed 10 of them, plus the $.44 I already had on there...can you imagine 11 stamps on a wedding invitation??  I was completely freaking out!  She then offered me $.05 stamps, I would still need 4 of them on each invite...she was insane!  With tears in my eyes, I picked up my 150 invitations and told her I guessed I'd just have to go to a real post office to get the stamps I needed.  Probably not the most classy thing I've ever done but I had nothing left for her.  My mom, however, saved the day.  She had bought extra $.44 stamps and just added one to each envelope!  She thinks of it all :)

Keep checking back for more wedding follies!

No comments:

Post a Comment