Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Check, Check, Check!

As our wedding is quickly approaching, I've started to scramble a little to get things completed!  Granted, we've been engaged for over a year so many things have been done along the way but with only 60-something days left, it's time to finish things! So, this week (and it's only Tuesday) here is what I've accomplished:
Picked out the tuxes for the men (we had one picked out before but decided last minute to change stores to a local vendor so back to square one)  Anyway, K decided he wanted a brown tux instead of black so it made pick a tux much easier since there is only one chocolate brown tux in the world.  Here is a preview:
The only change for K will be the tie, his will be ivory to match the vest.  The groomsmen and ushers will wear brown vests and ties.  I actually love the tux, it has light lines in it which makes it not so plain-jane!  Since this particular company doesn't make this in a child size we have opted to go with this super cute ensemble
Yes, I know!  I'm putting an 8 year old boy in an ivory tux, what in the world was I thinking? But I know it will be super cute (as long as we can keep him clean)!  His mom doesn't know yet but I'm sure she'll question my choice :)

I've scheduled my first fitting which will be September 5, I'm so excited!  I've had my dress for over a year now, I bought it on June 28, 2009.  And, yes, I still LOVE it!  I've put it on a time or two (well, more like 5) and every time, I get a little more excited.  My BM's have also had their dresses for almost a year now, and lucky me, they are all fitting perfectly, so far! Speaking of my wedding day attire, I got my shoes yesterday and couldn't be more excited to wear them.  I put them on in the store (with sweats on) and felt completely stylish!
This is just the generic online pic, but you get the idea.  Aren't they fabulous?!?!  While I was there I ran across some super cute satin flip-flops that actually match the BM dresses and they are only $10!  I told my BM's that since their dresses are long, I don't really care what shoes they wear.  I want their hearts (and little piggies) to be happy and comfortable.  I had to let them know about the cute little sandals though.  I think all four of them are planning to get them!

And the final check, is the wedding invitation!  They are DONE...addressed, stamped and ready to be mailed.  Big kudos to my mother who spent countless hours perfecting the ribbon accent on them.  She tied 150 of those things and they are PERFECT!  She's one amazing mom. 
This isn't the greatest picture, that bow makes a big shadow on the rest of the invitation. 
Now if I can get her to work on those programs :)

Hope you are all having a fabulous week!  Let's see how much more I can get done before Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment