Monday, January 4, 2010

Excitement of 2010

Yes, I'm a little late but like the late people always say, "Better late than never"
2009 proved to be a great year! There were definitely struggles but there were also many great moments that made it all worth while. Let's recap:

  • Late January/Early February we were hit with a mega ice storm. Our part of the state was declared a disaster area/state of emergency. We were powerless for about 14 days (10 was my breaking point), others for longer than that! No major damage to my house or my parents so we'll just be thankful for that :)
  • March 7 Keil and I got engaged!!!
  • May my favorite (and only) nephew was born. He is absolutely amazing and pretty handsome too!
  • June I bought my wedding dress (okay, maybe not a great big deal but this is my list so only my vote counts)
  • July we vacationed with my future sister-in-law and her husband to Jacksonville FL (my first trip to the east coast of FL)
  • August had a great girls trip with 4 of my best friends to shop for BM dresses. First time ever that the four of them had met and been in the same location all at once! It was a glorious day :)
  • September I cut ties with someone who had been a great friend for many years. It was tough but necessary.
  • December Keil quit his job and I freaked out about it (and still do occassionally) But, ended the year with lots and lots of family time, which was great!

I've learned a lot from this past year. Most importantly, people will suprise you, in both good ways and bad. So, learn to roll with the punches, stay positive and life will be good, eventually :)

Okay, so I've never been one to make resolutions but I thought this year I'd set some goals (not resolutions) for myself. There are some areas of my life that could be improved so we are going to focus on those first. Here ya go, my 2010 Goals:

Fun –

  • To spend at least one night a month out with girlfriends
  • To really have date night with my fiancĂ© at least once a month, just the two of us!
  • To have a “personal day” and destress once a month
  • To get organzied, really organzied! One thing at a time :)

Family –

  • To spend more time with my family, quality time!
  • To put my family above work, no matter the reason
  • To be more forgiving of those around me

Faith –

  • To work on my relationship with God
  • Spend more time being grateful and thankful for the blessings that I have
  • Share more of myself with those who are in need

Financial –

  • To shop less and save more

Happy 2010!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. I especially like your list of things that you need to work on. I really need to make a list like that and try to stick with it.

    I hope that you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete