Thursday, August 27, 2009

Let's Take A Train Ride!


A few months back, Keil had mentioned taking a train ride, nothing big just one of the KY Scenic train rides. Well, yesterday I got a little bored at work and decided to look into "My Old Kentucky Dinner Train" in Bardstown, convincing myself that I could potentially take one of my Girl Scout groups there I was okay with surfing while at work. After seeing the pricing I knew taking a Girl Scout group was out of the question!
I was thinking maybe it would be something fun to do for my birthday in December. So, as I was browsing the schedule I noticed that they have some special events, in Ocotber they do a "trunk or treat" train ride for kids and in December they have the "polar express" ride. Well, I saw that in November they have a Murder Mystery Dinner...how much fun would that be!?! My plan then changed from a birthday trip to getting a group of friends to go. I sent out an email giving the details and instantly had 2 people respond, I'm still waiting on a few of you! Tickets for the dinner are about $98 each but group discounts are given for more than 10 people, so that is what we are working on now. It include a four course meal, two and a half hour train ride and the murder mystery, I think it's super reasonable!
I'm so excited about it I cannot stand it! Keil even showed a bit of excitement about it too :) Check it out and see for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment