Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...and a little thanks!

well, it wasn't just a today...here is the back story: A few weeks ago I was driving Keil's truck and practically ran it out of gas. No, the truck didn't turn itself off but I had been 324 miles on a tank of gas that usually only lasts 300. I was still about 25 miles from a gas station so at 10:30 on a Saturday night, I had to call Keil and beg him to come and get me (he was great though, he didn't complain, he just laughed a little), a few days later I locked my neighbors keys in her car. I was trying to be a good neighbor, really! I noticed her doors were unlocked and she wasn't home and Keil and I were leaving to go out of town, so I kindly opened her passenger door, made sure the keys were not in the ignition and locked the doors. The next morning, I learned that she keeps her keys in passenger seat and she didn't have a spare! CRAP! Last week, I got a speeding ticket on my way to work and the best part was I didnt even have my wallet containing my license with me! The nice officer only wrote me a ticket for speeding...DOUBLE CRAP! Then, last night Keil and I went to workout after work and then to dinner. On the way home I hit a MAJOR pothole and it not only flattened my tire but it bent my rim...on my new car! And when I say flattened my tire, I dont mean it caused my tire to loose air, it punctured my tire...no repair possible! So, I called my local tire dealer...$255 for one freakin tire! Plus, I have to buy a new rim...lowest price so far...$185! CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!
Luckily, I have an extra car to drive while I figure out what in the world to do with my mess. On a positive note, I read "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day to my students this afternoon, it only seemed fitting! I have always really liked that book and my kids found it to be super funny...although, it didn't make all the CRAP go away, it did lighten my mood :)

Now, enough with the ranting! With this month bringing us Thanksgiving and reminding us of all the great things we have to be thankful for, I have been challenged to write down one thing each day that I am thankful for. It seems that in the midst of our chaotic lives, we sometimes forget that we have so many things to be grateful and thankful for. So, with today being Veterans Day, I thought it was a perfect day to start writing down what I am thankful for. Today, I am thankful for all of the great men and women who risk their lives for our amazing nation and to their families who sacrifice birthdays, anniversaries and holidays with loved ones so that we may live freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment