This morning I was cleaning out and organizing our closet and I had a "moment". Keil is at work so it's just me and the puppies (and a warm cup of coffee) working on our disaster of a closet. I had the radio on, and being Saturday morning the Jeff Foxworthy countdown was in full swing. I always listen to it because not only is there great music but Jeff Foxworthy has some great commentary and I love the interviews he does with country music artists. Well, as I was listening I heard him start an interview with a new artist, whom I had never heard of, Tim Johnson. The interview was funny,as usual, and they were talking about this new song that Tim wrote. He said he and his team of writers were trying to do something different and so they decided to write this song from a dogs perspective. I thought it would be a funny song...Boy, was I wrong! It was a song called Choose Me (the Tim Johnson Band) and it was about the life of a stray dog. Now, most people would have thought, "oh, that's a sweet song" or "that is so sad" but me, being the dog lover I am cried uncontrollably through the entire song. I actually had to stop what I was doing and sit on the bed and cry! I was kinda glad Keil wasn't home because he would have made fun of me. I have 3 lovely (well, most of the time) dogs and 2 of them were rescues. One from the Humane Society and the other was found during the big icestorm last year and needed a good home. Keil says I'm a big sucker, I just think I have a big heart!
Anyway, if you have a minute it's most definitely worth listening to.
No comments:
Post a Comment