Monday, September 7, 2009

gotta get a little mud on the tires :)

What a fun weekend! We began our weekend with a movie night. We got our new netflix movie (the newest Fast & Furious) on Thursday and Keil was stoked! I usually don't consult him before picking a movie, mostly because he never watches them with me but, I'm trying to work on being a little more considerate! It was pretty good! I haven't seen any of the other F&F movies so I was a little lost and Keil had to catch me up but all in all it was a good movie watching experience :) Maybe I'll even let him pick another one...maybe!
We had plans on Saturday to take a motorcycyle ride to "My Old KY Home" in Bardstown but with the weather being uncooperative we decided to stick a litte closer to home. I was a little disappointed because I that is such a beautiful area and would have made for a great day. We ended up riding to Henderson for breakfast then took the scenic route to Owensboro. Extreme Home Makeover is building a house in Owensboro and a lady that volunteers for Girl Scouts and is working to coordinate all of the food for the build tipped me off that the crew had already started to build the frame of the house at the airpark so, we took a little trip to the airpark to see what we could see! There was a ton of lumber and 3 dormer windows that were visible outside of a great big hanger...so that was pretty exciting, well for me it was! After finishing our ride, we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing, which we rarely get to do!
Sunday was a little hectic. After church, we went straight to my family picnic at Pennyrile. It was great getting to see everyone and baby Davin had a blast too! We had exactly 2 hours to spend with my family because we had to get moving to Keil's family picnic on the other end of the county. After getting our quality family time in, we came home to spend some quality time with our puppies, who were so excited to see us!

Jenna, Levi & Toby...what great door greeters we have :)
And then, we spent the rest of the night watching the Law & Order: SVU marathon...it's our favorite show!
We capped off the weekend by spending the day with our best friends, Jeff & Kristen. We went to Gregory Lake in Muhlenberg County and spent the biggest part of the day playing in the mud! The boys think you aren't having fun unless you are covered in mud...Kristen & I tend to think differently. We always have such a blast with them and today was no exception...the best part was getting to shower when it was over :)
Stuck in a BIG hole!


I guess it's time to get ready for the work week...on the bright side, it's only a 4 day week!

No comments:

Post a Comment