In general, I feel like I'm a pretty positive person. Yes, I have my days where I'm quiet the bear, but who doesn't? But, I think for the most part, I am an optimist. I like to see things with a "glass half full" mentality or at least I try to find the humor in situations. I mean, what fun is it to be negative? And really, who wants to be around someone who brings them down? I think for me, that is why I try to be positive. I want to have friends who actually enjoy my company, I want my family to enjoy the time they spend with me, I want my co-workers to look at me in a positive light and I want to positively influence others. On the same token, I really like to surround myself with positive people, because I have no desire to surround myself with negative nancy's. Not only do they tend to bring me down but they get irritating! Am I right? I mean do we all remember this guy?
Lately though, that is all I seem to encounter. I feel like I'm being attacked! I'm not sure if it's the crazy weather we've been having or what but enough is enough! I've always had the attitude that if something is having a negative impact on you, you should do your best to get rid of the negative influence...whatever it may be. However, this time it's a little more difficult. Today, I began to wonder if it's me. Am I the negative? I know this is probably what everyone thinks but I honestly really don't think it is. This may sound a little crazy but today, I actually ordered this book
I absolutely cannot wait to read it! Maybe it will give me a little insight and possibly even give some insight on how to intervene. I'll let you know how it goes :)
This is a major highway in our area, HWY 109
One of the towing companies is actually acting as a ferry to get residents across the high water. In one of our neighboring towns, this truck is your only way in or out!

It's so sad to see people lose their homes and belongings.
The last three are actually pictures of the highway right in front of my parents house. The water is rising daily. And getting closer and closer to their house and garage and there is not anything we can do to stop it. The county actually came out and sandbagged around it and the water hasn't gotten high enough to go over them but mom said today water is beginning to seep under the bags. They spent one night with us but they just really want to be at home. The last picture is their driveway, you can see the top of their mailbox which is across the highway. All we can do is pray for some relief. Hopefully, the rivers will start to go down and all of this water will have a place to go. They are actually predicting some rain for the weekend, let's pray that it misses us!








It's probably definitely not you that is the negative one. It can be hard to stay positive when those around you are fighting it so hard! Since this was posted a long time ago, I'm hoping that there is less negativity around you now!
ReplyDeletePS - I just wanted to say thanks again for participating in the fall scarf swap! If you have any questions about anything let me know :)