Saturday, November 6, 2010

Guess What I Did??

I bought Christmas ornaments!!! :)  I'm totally the person who despises decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving, the rule is the weekend after Thanksgiving to New Year's Day...no exceptions!  Well, in my house anyway.
So let me explain:  Last year on December 23, I was shopping with my parents at good ole Target and all of their Christmas trees were like 80% off.  (Side note:  Before Mr Carter and I moved, my house had 10ft ceilings and my 6 1/2ft tree looked miniature)  It was like "A Charlie Brown Christmas", I found the perfect 8ft tall tree.  Absolute beauty.  I paid like $40 for a tree that was more than $200 originally...(and remember, it's not how much you spend-it's how much you save!) The problem was that because they only had the display and no box to put it in (and because of the shopping we had already done), it wouldn't fit in my mommas car and because of the massive price reduction, they couldn't even hold it for me if I paid for it.  So, on Christmas Eve morning, I drug Mr Carter to Target (45 minutes away) in hopes that MY tree would still be there.  We were there when the store opened at 7am and so was my tree!  I decided then that in celebration of my new tree, I would be getting new ornaments.  In years past, I've always decorated with using blue and white and snowmen.  So for Christmas 2010, the tree at the Carter household will be displaying red and two shades of green  Tonight, my mom, niece and I made a quick trip to Evansville to Hobby Lobby (who currently has all ornaments 50% off) and Michael's for some Christmas inspiration.  I got some super cute ornaments and some sparkly picks.  I cannot wait to see it all come together...but not until AFTER Thanksgiving!  I'll be sure to post some pics once the tree is up

No comments:

Post a Comment