Friday, June 25, 2010

A Little Wedding Frustration

So, today Keil and met with our travel agent to discuss our honeymoon.  I was so excited to finally have it all out of the way but she turned the tables on me.  We actually went in to confirm our travel arrangements and make a payment but she started planting seeds of "all-inclusive" packages in Keil's head.  From the start, our plan has been to go to Hawaii (it was actually the first thing we both agreed on without much discussion).  Neither of us have ever been and there is so much to do!  Hawaii doesn't offer any all-inclusive packages so once you get there you still have to spend money.  We had researched and knew what kind of budget we wanted to stay within and, I believe, we were going to do so.  Little Miss Travel Agent (no need to name her) starts asking Keil if he had ever thought of St. Lucia, the Virgin Islands or the Bahamas.  And yes, we had...we ruled them out early!  When we first contacted her she sent me quotes for both St. Lucia and the Virgin Islands, both were almost two times what we wanted to spend so we continued on our journey to Hawaii!  We told her we knew we couldn't afford those even with them being all inclusive and would rather just stick with our original plan.  She then counters with:  "let me just check the Bahamas for you and see what I can come up with"  When she finished she told us that for an totally inclusive trip to the Bahamas we would only spend about $500 more than airfare and hotel will cost in Hawaii.  She even mentioned being able to have access to jet ski's (she must have pegged Keil for a sportster).  He was basically sold...I was NOT!  We decided to leave and discuss it at home then let her know on Monday morning.  Although having all of our food included (as long as we eat at the resort) sounded good, I don't know how much we could eat at the same 3 places for a week and not get burnt out.  Food outside of the resort, not included!  After reading the materials she provided us, jet ski's are available for $125 per person...also, not included.  And, other than shopping and laying on the beach, the Bahamas doesn't really have that much to offer...when compared to Hawaii.  We'd also have to purchase passports (cost not included in our all inclusive trip...can you tell I was not too happy with her enthusiasm about "all inclusive"?)
We did the math and with what we would spend on passports, eating outside of the resorts and doing anything of adventure, we'd be spending close to $1000 more on the Bahamas.  I'm not the type of person who wants to go on vacation just to lay out, I can lay out in my pool in my backyard for FREE.  Keil would get bored too...we are "goers!"
After a little discussion and some research...we're sticking with our original plan!  I'm just so frustrated that she tried to change our minds!
On a brighter note, I met with the florist today about wedding flowers!  I just love flowers!  She is working on a few samples for me.  I'll take some pics and post them when she finishes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment