Friday, February 26, 2010

A Big Day for Our Big Day

Yesterday was a big day for wedding planning. And, I'm rather excited about it so I thought I'd share my excitement with bloggerland.
Here is what I accomplished:
Booked our DJ
Decided on our wedding cake (my meeting with the cake lady is at 2pm on Saturday)
Registered at The Gift Horse
Ordered prints of our engagement pics from http://www.abrewerphotography.blogspot.com/
Received our first wedding gift (2 of the cutest single initial monogrammed tumblers)This is an example but the stitching is in black and of course it has a C instead of the T

The thing I'm most proud of is deciding on a cake,I never knew how tough that was going to be! Keil and I looked online for several different cakes that we like, we then narrowed it down to 4.
My favorite:

His favorite:

And two others we both liked:









Since neither of us were really giving any ground I decided to solicit some help from my wonderful bridesmaids (and my mom). I emailed all 4 cakes to all 4 ladies and 3 out of the 4 voted for Keil's cake...mine was a close second followed by the square/round combo cake. The more I looked at it, the more I decided that I really did like it too! It was everything we said we wanted, simple and classic! As I kept flipping from one cake to the other I realized I didn't really like the quilt-like pattern on the round cake and I wasn't a huge fan of the broach on the bow. Yep! I was starting to lean towards Keil's cake too :) So, I asked my mom...knowing that she would have my back! If she voted for the round cake then, that would be it, we would get the round cake! She took one look and said, the first one...the first one was Keil's cake. How in the world could 5 of the most important people in my life choose his cake?!? So, I started thinking and here is what I've decided. This is going to be our wedding cake:

With our monogram of course! The more I looked at it the more I fell in love with it. I love the dots on each layer and the ribbon at the bottom of each layer. We may move the monogram from the bottom to the 3rd layer but haven't decided yet. It will be a chocolate cake with either a Bourbon chocolate truffle filling or a simple dark chocolate filling, iced with butter cream icing (I hate fondant...it's pretty but tastes horrible! Sorry to those of you who had fondant icing)


Hope you all have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment